Kaley Rose
Mrs. Wilhelmus
Ap English Lit
11 June 2013
The Garden of Eden
"Who are you?" and "Where
does this World come from"
If
someone asked me, "Who I am?" I would start off with major traits and
characteristics in which I think fulfill my own character and personality the
best. I am an athlete, who loves sports
and pushing myself to be the best athlete I can be. I am a student, who always enjoys learning
different things from anything to science, math and to English and
literature. I love challenging myself in
learning new things in each of these subjects, in hopes in one day to become an
intelligent human being. I am athletic, intellectual, enthusiastic, and
outgoing. I feel like all those traits
help define me on who I am.
Another
way I would describe who I am would to tell about the background on who I am.
My name is Kaley May Rose. I am fifteen years old, and attend North High
School. I am going to be a junior and I play softball and basketball. I was
born in Cincinnati, Ohio and lived in many places including Tennessee and
Texas. I moved to Evansville, Indiana at the age of thirteen and plan on
staying here throughout my high school career. People describe who they are in many
different forms.
I have lived in many places and moved a lot. I feel like living in different places can
help define who you are too. Someone who lives in one place only experiences
what people are like and what it is like to live only in that specific
place. But, if you move you get to
experience different kinds of people and different environments. I feel like
this is a big factor on who you are but that is only my opinion.
In Sophie’s World, Sophie asks the question,
"What if I have been given a different name?" and if she would have
been given a different name, "Would she then have been someone else?"
This is a rather interesting question to me, because my parents have told me
before how they were going to name me "Zoey". Thinking about my name being Zoey seems
rather strange but I honestly do not think that your name decides on who you
are. What I really think matters is your actual characteristics, traits, and background
that shapes your own unique personality and who you are.
If someone asked me, "Where does the world come
from?" I would simply tell them my own beliefs. Being raised as a child
all the way up to now, I was always taught that we came from God our creator
but, in school I learned other beliefs that contradict my own belief. For example
the story of Evolution and the Big Bang Theory.
After reading the first chapter it had my mind racing with many thoughts
that Sophie had said. For example, Sophie said "Had God created himself
out of nothing?" "Who created God?" These two questions had my
mind wondering, but in the end I will side with my own belief and the only
possibility left that God has always existed. That statement is so interesting
because you can ask the question, "How could he always exist?" but
this is what makes the world so interesting and where the world comes from so
unique. Other people believe in the
science factors which contradicts our religion but religion and what we believe
just also makes who we are.
In conclusion, I
believe who we are is affected by our own characteristics, traits, and
personality that make up our own unique personality. I do not believe in our
names being a factor on that, but other people might. I also believe that we
were made from God, but others believe in different things. In the end, these two questions will always
be interpreted differently from different people but that is what makes these
two questions so interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment